Monday, October 20, 2008

TAMPA BAY RAYS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!

Here's my take on it. The Red Sox payroll for 2008 was $133,440,036. The TAMPA BAY RAYS (GO RAYS!) payroll was $43,820,598. Seems you can't buy a team to win the World Series. Seems to me you BUILD a team and stress team work and loyalty and a work ethic and to play the game with joy and expect that team to show gratitude for their opportunity to play baseball - gratitude to their owners, their coaches and their fans. Now, the Phillies' payroll was $98,641,598 for 2008. If winning has anything to do with payroll it seems to be the lower payroll team wins!! So, GO RAYS, beat the Phillies in 4!! And, oh-by-the-way - A Rod made more this last year than the entire Florida Marlins! Now what does that say?

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Moneyball? You would like it! All about the payroll vs performance issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have! And I did love it! I just finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - a great read. Now, I am reading Art of Racing in the Rain.

    ReplyDelete