Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OUR AMAZING ANIMAL FRIENDS!


This morning, while walking Dakota, we had the most amazing experience. We have a neighborhood retriever who just had 9 puppies a little over 2 weeks ago. Her name is Kaiyou. In the past when Dakota and Kaiyou enountered each other they romped around in cirlces and played. Today, their first encounter since the birth of the puppies, the meeting was very different. Kaiyou stood tall and proud while Dakota sniffed her. Then - Dakota simply laid down at Kaiyou's feet. A new found respect - a reverence for Motherhood, perhaps?

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic picture and sweet story! Two beautiful doggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon further consideration, I think I need to speak with Kaiyou...I'd like the males in my life to lie at my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Dakota is a female!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh, Heather! Oh well, I guess there is no secret to taming the boys after all...

    ReplyDelete