Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friends in warm places!

March also brought a visit to the beautiful Florida Keys!   It was wonderful to see so many friends but I must confess, it was MUCH too hot for me – in the 90’s – whew!  24 degrees felt GOOD when I got home! I really don’t miss the Keys – but here’s the things I do miss – my friends, fish and humidity!!  Our friend Co from Islamorada/Cape Cod has had 2 brain surgeries in the last 6 months and is doing SO well.  How happy it made me to see her improved condition and her happy face!  Alina is going great guns in the real estate world!  Thank you to both she and Don for their hospitality – and I loved loving on Victor and Victoria, their rescued beagles.  Saw old hospital friends, old neighbors, ate lots of fish and stone crab, saw every sunset (one with a green flash!) AND Holly and our godchildren drove down from Melbourne for the weekend!  So fun to see everyone and I love you all!

Sunset the night of my arrival!

IMG_6194

That would be Co – with a boa on her head!! I LIKED your short do!!

IMG_6192

Smuggler’s for hogfish!!

IMG_6219

Had to give the manatee a drink!

IMG_6222

Sunset on Don’s new boat!

IMG_6229

IMG_6233 IMG_6226

Raquel brought special champagne to celebrate my visit – thank you!!

IMG_6237

The kids were drinking Poppa T’s rum punch!

IMG_6239

Sweet Vicky

IMG_6249

And Victor

IMG_6247

Breakfast at Mangrove Mike’s

IMG_6252

Absolutely the most beautiful children!!!

IMG_6251

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Susan, you do vacations better than anyone I know!!! What a lovely time in the Keys. All my love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete