Thursday, July 21, 2011

LILIES OF THE FIELD…………….

Jack and I bought and moved into our Ohio home in the month of December.  We all know there were no lilies blooming then!  The first spring I didn’t know to protect the lilies from the deer so we had no blooms.  This spring, a frequent spray of a product that smells like rotten eggs kept the deer away and now we are reaping the benefits of my daily, early morning sprays.  I counted!!  There are 19 different varieties!  There is a fresh vase of cut lilies on my kitchen island every day!

Pale yellows

 IMG_6820

Pinks

IMG_6822

 

Orange with deep orange and yellow centers

IMG_6795

Love that lime green center!

IMG_6824

Tigers

IMG_6826

Mauve with a lime green center!

IMG_6830

Ditch lilies in my ravine

IMG_6835

Orange and yellow

IMG_6838

 

Peach and yellow

IMG_6851

 

Double orange

IMG_6852

 

Red with lime green

IMG_6853

 

Purple with lime green

IMG_6855

 

Peach

IMG_6861

 

Red with yellow

IMG_6872

 

Big yellow

IMG_6878

 

Big white – this is the only one I planted – last year, after Easter!

IMG_6930

Ruffled peach

IMG_6940

 

Upside down tigers! 

IMG_6948

The colors of summer……………………………

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Celeste will be soooooo jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful variety of flowers, very pretty! Can't wait to see you guys again. Hugs to you both, Life's2Short

    ReplyDelete