We recently attended a fund-raiser for our favorite local charity, PetFix, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. PetFix provides low-cost neuter and spay service to NE Ohio. They recently celebrated their 20,000th surgery!! That’s a huge step in the right direction to assure every pet is wanted and in a loving home. NO MORE HOMELESS PETS! Our dear friend Mary, from flight attendant days , came from Chicago to join us. The weather was stinky. Why am I always saying that in my blog posts???? But, we still had a BLAST! After picking her up at the airport we shopped and lunched. Jack built us a fire that night and we hung out, eating, drinking and laughing. Saturday required a visit to the local Farmer’s Market – highlighting beautiful Medina Public Square – lunch, of course! and then the fund-raiser. We stopped at Michael Symon’s Lola for apps and drinks. Then off to the Rock Hall. There was a silent auction, a pet parade of adoptables from the Cleveland APL dressed as rock stars, food stations, a dance contest – and we had access to all of the museum, including the newest exhibit – Women Who Rock! They have Lady GaGa’s meat dress and boots – yuck! What a fun evening and the latest numbers show we raised over $40,000! Yay! Keep up the good work, PetFix and come back soon, Mary!
At Lola
Pet parade
This is the founder of PetFix! She and her pup were dressed as Lady GaGa!
Reggae!!
Could I PLEASE get out of this costume!?!
The Rock Halls band – Edge
Rock stars for a night!!
Beautiful Dakota Kate in her new PetFix scarf!

Looks like a great time was had by all! Brenda wants to come for a visit and have a fire! And yes, real men love Pom's! Hugs to you and Jack, T&B
ReplyDeleteYES! Come to visit! we have 2 cords of wood in the driveway!. And Jack will start a fire in the morning and we can burn all day!
ReplyDeleteAs always, I had so much fun with my friends Susan & Jack and of course Dakota. I did not want to leave. For many years at Air Florida, Susan and I flew the same trips week after week. I was able to spend so much time with my dear friend. But time & busy lives separated us for many years...We talked of course & emailed, but nothing will replace the actual time spent with my friends. I miss you already. We laughed & had fun & it was like old times. Just wish we were closer. Thanks for the good times...
ReplyDeleteThe thing about old friends is......... that no matter how long it has been since you have since each other when you do get together the chasm of time disappears! I love you, too, Mary Coconetta, Queen of Zanzibar!!
ReplyDelete